HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
An ultra modern training complex with laboratories, trainees hostel, administrative complex, guest house for guest faculty/members and residential complex at a cost of Rs. 4.25 crores is functioning at Hisar, under World Bank Project. Training Programmes for training of the staff field functionaries and farmers has been taken up at this institute.
1) Training to Animal Breeders
A training programme for the animal breeders with particular emphasis on women who play an important role in the animal husbandry activities was taken upto educate to adopt modern technology of breeding, feeding and herd health management so as to make dairying a profitable industry. To update the knowledge of farmers/breeders, seminars/ conferences will also be organized where they can freely exchange their views about breeding/treatment as well as management of the livestock.
2) Training of Professionals
Training needs in respect of areas of specialization have been identified and started.
- A special three-week training capsule in artificial insemination and recent reproduction bio-techniques has been involved for veterinary officers to improve their skill in breeding activities
- Special training capsules of one-week duration in disease diagnostics and laboratory techniques has been formulated
- Training modules of 3 days to 3-week duration have been developed in various subjects with the coordination and help of Choudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University
- Training is being imparted to the field veterinary as well as para-veterinary staff according to these modules in the institute at Hisar
3) Training to Unemployed Educated Youths:-
To provide quality breeding services at the farmer’s doorsteps, to cover the entire breeding population of cattle & buffalo in the State through frozen semen within next 3 to 5 years and to provide suitable and sustainable means of self employment to the educated rural youth, 50 rural youths under Haryana Livestock Development Board and 43 under KANDI Project were imparted 45 days training by the Board and this unit named ‘Pashudhan Vahini’ was flagged off by the Hon'ble Chief Minister, Haryana.