overnment of Haryana vide notification dated 12/13 January, 2000 constituted the Haryana Livestock Development Board to promote breeding and development of livestock specially cattle and buffaloes in the State by undertaking activities relating to and necessary for improving livestock production and productivity. Later on vide notification dated 12.04.2001 the Government enacted an act titled the Haryana Murrah Buffalo and Other Much Animal Breed (Preservation and Development of Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development Sector) Act, 2001 with the objective to provide for improvement of the genetic stock of the milch animals specifically the prime breed ‘Murrah’ and local breeds like ‘Sahiwal’ and ‘Hariana’ to improve the skills and technology in the dairy farming and for taking steps for the development of Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development Sectors and to constitute the Haryana Livestock Development Board to achieve this objective.
THE BOARD CONSISTS OF
- Managing Director (Ex-officio members)
- The Secretary, Animal Husbandry Department, Haryana
- The Joint Secretary, Animal Husbandry Haryana
- The Director General, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Haryana
- Dean, College of Veterinary Sciences, Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agriculture University, Hisar
- Dean, College of Animal Sciences, Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agriculture University, Hisar
- Two Experts of the Department of Animal Husbandry, Haryana form the fields of Animal Breeding and Gynecology and Obstetrics
- One nominee of the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India, New Delhi, not below the rank of Joint Commissioner (Animal Husbandry)
- One Officer of Finance Department, Haryana.