i. the particulars of its organisation, functions and duties:
Haryana is one of the smaller states in the Indian Union, with a geographical area of 44210 Km constituting just 1.3% of the country's land area. The State is rich in livestock production and proud to be the home track of Murrah, the best breed of Buffaloe in the world. The livestock population as per 18th census 2007 is 90.50 lacs along with 287.00 lac poultry. The state has a per-eminent position in the country in livestock development. Its annual milk production has reached 60.06 lac tones with 673gm per capita per day milk availability against the national average of 258 gm per day. FOR
VARIOUS LIVESTOCK DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES, THE DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRY & DAIRYING HAS ITS PRESENCE ACROSS THE STATE THROUGH THE FOLLOWING OFFICES
Head Office –
Situated in Pashudhan Bhavan, Sector -2, Panchkula and is headed by Director General. The other officers at Head Quarter are Joint Director Administration, Joint Director Planning, Joint Director Animal Breeding, Chief Coordinator, Credit and Planning Officer, Deputy Director Animal Health, Deputy Director Animal Welfare, Poultry Development Officer, Gaushala Development Officer and Deputy Director Stastical.
State Level Other Offices :-
- Haryana Veterinary Vaccine Institute headed by Institute Director.
- Govt. Livestock Farm, Hisar headed by Chief Superintendent comprising Sect-I, Sec-II, Sec-III, Sheep Breeding Farm, Pig Breeding Farm, Mechanical Workshop.
- Haryana Trainers Training Institute headed by Principal.
Field Offices: -
21 Distt. Level offices - one in each district headed by Deputy Director 47 Sub Division Level offices - SDO (AH). Wool Grading cum Marketing Centre, Hisar. Govt. Hatchery, Hisar. Pig Breeding Farm, Ambala. State Disease Diagnostic Lab., Sonepat.
10 Semen Banks at different districts including 3 Sperm Production Centres at Hisar, Jagadhri & Gurgaon.Young Murrah Bull Rearing Centre, Bhiwani. In affiliation to above offices, 942 Govt. Vety. Hospitals, 21 District Disease Diagnostic Labs and 1809 Govt. Vety. Dispensaries are working in the State.
FUNCTION & DUTIES
- To provide veterinary health care and diagnostic facilities.
- To provide quality breeding services to enhance productivity.
- Up gradation and conservation of indigenous breeds
- Production of various livestock & poultry vaccines and prophylactic vaccination.
- Quality control of Feed, Milk and Milk products.
- Veterinary Extension, Education and Training.
- Promotion of Dairying for generation of more self-employment.
- Special livestock production programme for social upliftment.
- Fodder production.
- Special Livestock Breeding Programme (SLBP)
- Gaushala Development Programme
- Public Awareness Programmes.